About Chicken Korma Recipe | Mughlai Chicken Korma Recipe: Subbalakshmi Khan, a professional dancer cooks up a Mughlai chicken korma with generous amounts of spices and Indian flavors.
Korma is a gravy dish that is usually made with yogurt, lots of nuts, and spices. A Mughal-era original, Chicken Korma is the perfect dinner party dish that is easy, quick, and a no-fuss recipe. Ingredients of Chicken Korma Recipe: Chicken cooked in a host of spices such as cardamom, cloves, garlic, coriander, chili powder, ginger paste along with a mixture of fried onions and yogurt. Flavored with saffron, this chicken korma is the perfect dinner dish to cook tonight.
Ingredients of Chicken Korma
- 1/2 Kg chicken1 cup oil
- 2-3 tsp ghee
- 8-10 Cardamoms
- 6-7 Cloves
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chilito taste salt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 onions (fried, puree this with the yogurt), sliced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Few strands of saffron (mixed in 3 tsp of water)for garnishing coriander leaves, chopped
How to Make Chicken Korma
Heat the vegetable oil into the pan, then put a dollop of ghee
- Put cardamom, cloves, garlic and fry the mix properly.
- Then add the chicken and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Keep stirring it.
- Once it becomes brown, add coriander and chili powder.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add ginger paste, mixture of fried onions and yogurt, let it cook for a minute.
- Then put garam masala and saffron for flavor.
- If the gravy is too thick add little bit of water before covering it. The masala should fuse well with the chicken.
- Cover it and give it some time to cook on slow fire. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.