One of the most important things to keep your poultry farm healthy is to provide a stable natural environment for them to live and grow.
Raising healthy poultry gives excellent advantages. A healthy chicken living in a stress-free environment produces an egg in bulk (large) quantity and high-quality meat compared to overcrowded chickens.
Tips to Maintain Poultry Farm Healthy
Choosing a location will play an essential role in the success of your business. If a poultry farm is away from the city, it will be difficult for labor to reach and feed poultry. It may increase the transportation cost of the farmer. Therefore, you should set up your farm in an area that has good connectivity.
You should construct the poultry shed/ poultry house t according to government and scientific standards.
- Houses should be away from residential and industrial areas.
- Should maintain proper ventilation.
- Ensure sufficient flow of fresh air and electricity inside the house.
- Biosecurity measures should be maintain
- That is, an outside person, harmful birds, and wild animals should not enter the farm.
- The temperature should be maintained so that birds don’t face extreme cold or hot.
- Houses should be clean and sterilized on a regular basis. Always remove and incinerate the dead birds.
- Proper drainage system.
- Prevent from overcrowding of birds.
If poultry feed is not appropriately maintained, the birds will become weak (due to less protein in the diet), cannot grow well, produce fewer eggs, and affect the meat quality that leads to various diseases and nutrient deficiency.
For continuous egg-laying, it is necessary to feed 2500 to 2650 kg of calories according to their weight.
- Litter acts as bedding for the birds in the poultry house for their comfort.
- Litter condition and quality affect the broiler’s intestinal health.
- That is, too much dry, dusty and wet litter leads to respiratory problems.
- Poultry birds consume more water than feed as water is a crucial for digestion.
- Always provide clean and fresh water as it maximizes birds’ performance and reduces the chance for various diseases.
- Special drinkers are designed to keep the birds hydrated.
- It is necessary to change the water every day, as dirty water may lead to various poultry diseases.
- One of the most critical problems faced by poultry farmers is pest control. By applying pest control, farmers can minimize the damage caused by flies, bed bugs, beetles, lice, ants, and other species.
Tips To Maintain insect-free Poultry Farm
- Excluding the flies with the help of fans or screens
- Extraction fans should be there at the entrance that will prevent flies from entering the poultry house.
- You should provide screens (made of stainless steel, coated steel, etc.) at inlets, doors, and windows.
- Screen size should not be more than 0.88 mm and 1.22 mm otherwise, flies may enter and cause damage in the poultry farm.
- Get free consultancy related to all your poultry problems, click here.
Two types of insecticide methods are used in the poultry industry that is, residual and non-residual.
- It is applied only to vacant houses.
- Before using, houses should be clean.
- While applying insecticide, You should take preventive measures and wear face masks, gloves, protected clothes, hats, and eye protectors.
- You should use clean sprays for applying insecticide.
- After applying insecticide, leave the area for 2-3 hours.
- It is only effective for 3-4 months.
Non Residual insecticide
- It is not so effective in the long term.
- You can use it in a situation where there is a removal of a large adult fly population.
- You can also use thermal fogging machines to remove flies.
Larvicide is also an effective chemical method
- Larvicide is applied on the fly larva through sprays directly onto litter in the broiler houses.
- They are more effective on younger larvae than old larvae.
- Larvicide is a slow process that can take 1-2 weeks to take effect.
Residual sprays are also an effective method for controlling flies and any species. You can apply it on the surfaces where the flies rest: ceiling, walls, electric cords, etc.
Ultraviolet fly zappers are also used in production areas, egg rooms, reception areas, and other non-birds areas.
It is necessary to maintain a healthy and insect-free environment of poultry farms. Otherwise, the quality of eggs and meat gets affected. By keeping your farm insect-free and in a good state, you can prevent diseases. Moreover, it will save you money and increase your profits.